Part V: Start Your Engines

Disneyland and Disney World are not the same place. In Disney World, you get Extra Magic Hours if you stay in a Disney hotel, you can go as many times as you like and the park either opens 1 hour early or stays open an extra 3.

Is Disneyland, you get “Magic Mornings” where the park opens an hour early for anyone with a three day pass and you can use this morning one time. That’s it. I decided to seize the opportunity and got a three pass to use expressly for this purpose and guess what? My mother couldn’t come ’cause I didn’t get her a pass that would work! Totally by accident, not by design. Totally. So after I walked to the Starbucks in the Hilton to get her coffee at 6:30am I was excused to go to the park and watched the tail end of the 5k. They were kicking asphalt!




There were lots of tutus, lots of costumes, and plenty of adorable children. People ran by a little faster than I would’ve like for me to photograph them in all their costumed glory, but one group dressed up as traffic cones and another as lightening McQueen weaving around them. Wonderful.





After the 5k I headed in and another surprise awaited me… the whole park isn’t open, just fantasyland and tomorrowland. #$@%#@. Okay, fine. I did what I needed to do: Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, and Pinocchio’s Daring Journey. Okay, Pinocchio was negotiable but we don’t have it so I felt compelled and there was no line. Mr. Toad scared the $#i& out of me! I remember loving this ride as a child and as an adult I thought, “Was I some kind of deranged sociopath as a child?! IT ENDS IN HELL!” So after I was emotionally scared and thinking maybe not such a bad thing it’s not in WDW anymore I moved on to re-ride the Matterhorn.


There weren’t any lines, actually and I finished everything up quickly and headed over to Pirates and Big Thunder. I LOVE Big Thunder. After wandering around after Pirates I found Beignets for breakfast (I fell in love with them at Port Orleans French Quarter, my marathon 2013 headquarters). My mother started calling me and saying she was going to meet me. I told her it was not necessary. She came anyway and that was when the fun for the day ended.

We left the park around 11:30 and headed back to the hotel for the afternoon. We went to Naples for dinner, I had the Garganelli and the Bruschetta. By 7:00pm I was in bed and by 9:00 I was asleep, waiting for the race to start….




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s