I’m writing this ahead of schedule to anticipate not getting into the Marine Corps Marathon and establish totally logical reasons why I really don’t care and it’s actually a good thing my boss came in at 11:55 to regale me with the most adorable thing his 2 year old daughter did. . .
Reasons I don’t mind and would be happy to run Philly:
- MCM’s basically running the same route I run 5 days a week. Bo-ring.
- It means I can’t be out working my corner cheering and people would really miss me. There might be people who don’t finish because of my selfishness.
- The Philly marathon has pretzels at the end. (no, really, I can be bought cheaply.)
- Philly has Philly Cupcake and I love those cupcakes.
- Means I won’t be running a 1/2 marathon two weeks later at Disney World.
Possibly entering the NYC lottery…No, that’s just crazy.
*Cue Eye of the Tiger* Bring it on.