- Resist the urge to nag them about how running inconveniences you
- Next time they’re racing in your town, come out and cheer for them
- Have the hot shower running and warm pajamas waiting for them after a winter long run
- Surprise your runner on their summer long run with a cold beverage
- “Sure, I’ll paint the skin on that toe so it looks like there’s still a nail.”
- Act engaged the next time your runner wants to relive that race they PR’d at–fake it, fake it good.
- Inspirational Sports Movie Night
- White lies that mean so much: “You don’t smell… bad” or “No, you’re not walking funny at all”
- “Made you this bitchin’ playlist for the next time you’re stuck on the treadmill, hope you like it.”
And last, but certainly not least, number 10: “Have I told you lately just how proud of you I am? Good job out there, now let’s go get some doughnuts.”
What do you want to get this year?